...How this new mom spends her days...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It will never cease to amaze me....

...On what grown men will sulk about. I like football. I think that Brett Favre was an amazing quarterback, probably one of the best of all time. I admire his devotion to his team and his game. He retired today. I think he deserves it, and good for him.
My husband, on the other hand, has been sulking around all day long. He woke me up this morning with the annoucement. Knowing what a serious matter this would be to him, I clutched him to my chest while he wimpered for a good 5 minutes. I thought this would be the end of the matter. I thought wrong. He acts like his best friend just died. Now, you say, he must be just goofing around. No. He is serious. Everyone around him knows he's serious. So serious, in fact, that it is incrediably comical. All you can do is laugh, to the point of tears, while he explains to you that he has been watching the man since he was nine. Since he was nine!! He has been playing for 17 seasons he says, and played 258 consecutive games....consecutive games!!!! He played hurt, broken bones it didn't matter. When his father died, he played in a game the day later, and played his heart out. Why don't you understand?!?!?!? My husband, who doesn't even have his daughter's names tattooed on him now insists that he must have Brett Favre's jersey tattooed on his back. He has been playing Madden 2007 all day with the screen frozen on Brett's face while Chris Daughtrey's "It's not over" is playing on the X-box. All day long. He caught part of sports center, where Brett was explaining his retirement over a voice message. I tried to turn it off, and he screeched, I just want to hear his voice!!!!!! Apparently, March 4 will always be Brett Favre day in our household. We will mourn the loss. If we ever have a son his name will most certainly be Brett Favre Rheinhardt.

No comments: