...How this new mom spends her days...

Friday, March 21, 2008

Gracie Lynn

Gracie had her 4 month check up the other day. She weighs 11 pounds 14 ounces, and is 23 1/2 inches long (the 13th and 20th percentiles respectively). She is such an observant baby, always wanting to be seeing what you're doing. If you're reading, she leans over so she can see too. If you're eating, she watches intently. The doctor suggested that she might be ready to start on some cereal, so we gave it a try, and she did remarkably well. Alana did much worse after several attempts at 5 1/2 months.
I believe she is cutting her first tooth. Her fingers are always in her mouth, she is constantly drooling, and she's congested...but I've been wrong before.
I got some stretchy purple fabric for a wrap to ease the arm pain from constantly carrying her because she is such a mamma's girl. I'll have to get a picture of her in it to show you. It's so much more comfortable then the carriers you buy. http://www.mamatoto.org/ has instructions on how to make wraps, and how to use them. I love mine.

3 comments:

Mystie said...

She's a cutie! :) Ilse is half her age at this point and heavier and longer -- but much smaller than Jaeger was, so I feel like she's tiny! :)

Anonymous said...

What a little sweetheart.

Sure wish we could be there Sunday.

Grandma and Grandpa

Amy Sue said...

Mystie- I know!!I can't even imagine having a baby that big at that age. I think I'd be pretty amazing to see them next to each other!
Grandma and Granpa-
We miss you guys! Gracie is getting dedicated on Easter too- so I will be thinking of you a lot that day. Hope you have fun with your friends down there anyways. Love you!!!