...How this new mom spends her days...

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who's the Boss?

What happens when two first borns have a first born? They end up with one bossy lady, that's what. :) Lizzie, for the past few weeks had been jokingly telling Gracie to "shut up" when she was fussing. Alana, of course, picked right up on that, and had been telling Gracie to "shut up" as well. Neither my husband or I really approved of a two-year-old telling people to "shut up", and we quickly reprimanded her. She even had a few time outs to help her remember that we didn't approve of her saying that. We told her that she should ask people to "be quiet please" instead. Lizzie was also reprimanded for setting a bad example, and she has been working really hard at not saying that around Alana. This was all going fine until the other day, and Alli was teasing Lizzie. Lizzie had no come back, so she fell back on the typical "shut up" in response. Alana whipped around, pointed her finger at Liz, and in a very stern voice said, "Shhh....We don't say that, Izzy (What she calls Liz), we say be quiet!!!!!!!" We just about died laughing, and Lizzie quickly apologized, of course. Alana has also been caught several times wagging her finger at her toys and putting them in time out.....I'm a little concerned at what poor Gracie is going to be put through growing up- I thought I was bossy when I was a kid! I think Gracie might be in for more than what I put Alli through... We'll have to work on her with that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy. Was able to pick up your blog page on Lou's computer. What beautiful little girls. Give them a kiss for us. Glad you changed things so I can leave a comment.


Grandma